Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I love UPS and Amazon!

The UPS guy just stopped by, and I really can't believe that I got my package from Amazon so quickly! In the box: Food Photography by Nicole S. Young who also happens to be a good friend of a good friend of mine. She's a super nice lady, and extremely talented. I received Complete Guide to High Dynamic Range Digital Photography by Ferrell McCollough (after borrowing this from the previous mentioned friend, I HAD to have my own copy), Gil Elvgren The Complete Pin-Ups for inspiration for a future shoot with my good friend Kimmie with Lavish Lark Photography, and a 100% Waterproof SLR case from DiCAPac (to be tested with the 40D the first time around at least...not sure I'm willing to risk ruining my 5D just yet).

So I'm super excited with my new toys and not sure where to start first! Learning how to edit photos in HDR was on the top of my NY Resolutions list, so that may be the first thing I work on. But for now, I'm taking a short break - family is in town (my son and my dear, sweet sister) and we are headed up to Disneyland for the first time in...um...at least 22 years (to this one anyway). I'm wondering if The Matterhorn is still my favorite?? =)

No comments:

Post a Comment